Chronicling my solo journey to the Sturgis motorcycle rally

Chronicling my solo journey to the 70th annual Sturgis motorcycle rally

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing in my road trip to the Mecca of American Motorcycling, the Black Hills Rally in Sturgis, SD.

You can read all the entries by clicking on the links in the Blog Archive below.

Please feel free to leave your comments as well.

Enjoy!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Five days and a wake-up...


It's been less than a month since I made the decision to make the solo journey to the Mother of all Motorcycle Rallies, the 70th annual Black Hills Rally in Sturgis, SD.

They are expecting around a half-million bikes to roll through their normally quiet Midwestern town over the course of rally week. My new StreetGlide, a.k.a. Mariah, will be among them.




I'll be camping at the Legendary (some would say "notorious") Buffalo Chip campground, adjacent to the equally notorious Buffalo Chip Saloon.

They have an incredible array of talent scheduled to perform; ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Kid Rock, and Creedence to name a few.

It seems the preparation and route planning have been non-stop and it feels just a little strange today because, except for a few small details, I'm finished, as in ready to roll!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep On Trucking but don't drive like you're on the way to West Northern!!!