Chronicling my solo journey to the Sturgis motorcycle rally

Chronicling my solo journey to the 70th annual Sturgis motorcycle rally

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing in my road trip to the Mecca of American Motorcycling, the Black Hills Rally in Sturgis, SD.

You can read all the entries by clicking on the links in the Blog Archive below.

Please feel free to leave your comments as well.

Enjoy!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Alturas, CA - A good night's rest

Rolled out of Half Moon Bay under cloudy skies, patchy fog, and mist but hit sunshine east of Oakland.



By noon I was wishing for the fog!

420 Miles today with the temperature near 100 a good part of the way.

I modified my route to have lunch with a friend in Chico, then headed for the high country as fast as I could get there.

I picked up  US 395 in Susanville and rolled into Alturas a little after 1900 and checked into a motel with horse corrals out back.




All in all, a good day's ride, but I'm whipped, so I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow, it's on to Boise.

No comments: