Chronicling my solo journey to the Sturgis motorcycle rally

Chronicling my solo journey to the 70th annual Sturgis motorcycle rally

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing in my road trip to the Mecca of American Motorcycling, the Black Hills Rally in Sturgis, SD.

You can read all the entries by clicking on the links in the Blog Archive below.

Please feel free to leave your comments as well.

Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cruising through the Tetons...

But first, here's another shot of Idaho Falls taken as I was rolling out this morning.


On the way out of town, I noticed this stern warrning...





Complete with bullet holes.





Clearly, Idaho ain't Union Square!




After a couple of hours of riding, despite several lane control breaks for road construction, I found myself motoring through Grand Teton National Park...




Hard to believe there is still snow on them in August.

Here are a couple more views...



















































I stopped for lucnh at Signal Mountain Lodge. Jan and I had breakfast there a few years back and the lunch menu is excellent as well.



I had the "Wild Game Chili Burger,"  a broiled buffalo burger topped with elk chili, a little mild for my Southwestern tastes but tasty, nonetheless.

Shorly up the road is the south entrance  to Yellowstone...


Unfortunately, I had to forego my run up the Yellowstone valley and head for the low country where the only room I could find as of this morning was in a spot on the road called Powell, WY. It was disappointing not to see any large wildlife, but perhaps I'll get the chance for some shots riding through Custer Park next week.

I'll decide tomorrow whether to run up the Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, or both.

The adventure continues...

No comments: