Chronicling my solo journey to the Sturgis motorcycle rally

Chronicling my solo journey to the 70th annual Sturgis motorcycle rally

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing in my road trip to the Mecca of American Motorcycling, the Black Hills Rally in Sturgis, SD.

You can read all the entries by clicking on the links in the Blog Archive below.

Please feel free to leave your comments as well.

Enjoy!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Sturgis Report ~ The Good the Bad, and the Ugly

The good - the bikes, babes, and boogie.
The bad - The heat and dust
The ugly? The gawdawful stinking traffic!

OK, I've been remiss in keeping my readers updated. I'll make no excuses except for poor connectivity, inability to charge my laptop battery, and the fact that i was riding most of the day and catching the entertainment at night.







I pulled into Sturgis on Saturday, the 7th, fought the ungodly gridlocked traffic all the way through town did my check-in. at the Chip...


Then went on a search mission for the CycleFish group's campsite..


.


 The area was sparsely populated in this pic but it filled up over the next few days...



As you can see, shade was at a premium and everyone congregated under our one small canopy.









Finally, with a bit of help from an Aussie bloke who goes by the handle, "Boof," I got my tent pitched and camp set up.










 After a long haul, we had finally arrived...

Mariah, the Bugslayer and I


No comments: